EASA/ICAO Airport Compliance Audit and Inspections
As per EASA and ICAO requirements, certified aerodromes shall demonstrate and continually monitor compliance with the requirements through audits and inspections.
airsight is offering complete independent audit and inspection services for aerodromes, relying on a large team of specialised experts.
Many international airports have benefited from our expertise to meet their legal obligations in a time and cost-efficient manner. Our projects range from short specialised audits to "all-inclusive" full audit programmes for airports of all sizes.
The EASA / ICAO requirements and other best-practices can briefly be summarised as follows:
- Aerodrome operators shall establish a compliance monitoring function which coordinates or conducts audits to ensure safe activities.
- Accountable manager should ensure that sufficient resources are allocated for compliance monitoring.
- After issuance of a certificate, an audit schedule shall be defined. Aerodromes shall audit their key processes, procedures and operations within 12 months. Afterwards, a full audit cycle shall not exceed 36 months.
- Personnel involved in compliance monitoring, including inspectors and auditors, shall be trained accordingly, and know the subject being audited.
- Audits and inspections shall not be carried out by personnel responsible for the function, procedure, etc. being audited.
Why using external personnel inspections and audits is beneficial for you
Technical Expertise and Independence
The topics to be audited or inspected are diverse and often very technical: these include for instance Airfield Ground Lighting, Wildlife Management, Obstacles and Flight Procedures, etc. The know-how on this subject is available at your airport - but in the department being audited! For understandable reasons however, a department cannot audit itself.
External auditors have the technical expertise to independently assess individual specialised departments and to fulfil the neutrality criteria.
Time and cost-efficient
airsight, as a specialised consultancy, developed and uses standardised and tailored check lists, auditing tools and industry software to perform and document audits efficiently.
List of Audits and Inspections Topics
airsight conduct audits and inspections on many topics, including but not limited to:
Management of Change
Airfield Ground Lighting